Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Reread Blues

Sort of spoilers below so beware.

Rereading GoT for probably the seventh time. I just got to the part where in my opinion, everything starts to accelerate downwards. I'm talking of Eddard and Jaime's confrontation on the rainy night time streets of King's Landing.

I was enjoying my reread to this point. When I turned the page and saw what chapter was coming up, I had to put the book down for a while before I was able to cointinue.

Its a testament the series and GRRM's amazing writing that after reading the book so many times I can still feel my gut turning at what I know is coming up.

2 comments:

  1. I hope the show would be able to give the same feeling on those moments in the book. The "thing I do for love", already became one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The series has been hit and miss in this regard, but more hits than misses and alot of the misses had budgeting issues to factor in.

    Surprisingly the new scenes have been making up for alot of the cut or changes ones.

    ReplyDelete